Founded in 2010, the Waldorf Independent School of Edmonton (WISE) is a solidly established and yet growing school that fosters an environment where the whole child is nourished and taught in a screen-free classroom setting. The school is supported by a caring group of parents and teachers, serving children from kindergarten to grade 8. The individual must be passionate about, and interested in learning and implementing Waldorf pedagogy. Funds and bursaries are available to facilitate Waldorf training. In-house mentoring is also provided. We invite you to bring your talent, ideas, energy and enthusiasm to help us prepare children for the opportunities and challenges of their future.
- Must have a Bachelor of Education Degree.
- Must have an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
- Nurturing personality.
- Artistically and musically inclined.
- Committed to on-going personal and professional development.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task with confidence.
- Excellent classroom management skills.
- Creativity and independence in lesson planning skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Waldorf Teacher Certification is preferred (or willingness to obtain it) but not a must for the ideal candidate.
- Teaching experience is desired.
Salary and Benefits:
Wage: staring at $30/hr.
Employees working 0.6 FTE or greater are eligible for the WESE Employee Health Benefits Program.
- Providing reports for parents during parent teacher interviews, if necessary
- Attend faculty/committee meetings, school events, seasonal fairs, and in-service training as required
- Ensure that all Equivalent Learning Outcome documentation is up to date as required by Alberta Education
- All new employees are subject to a 3 month probationary period.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please contact the WISE office