An Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for paying all hotel bills in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you would be responsible for paying all hotel bills in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Pay and record bills upon verification of accuracy, back-up documentation and appropriate approvals
- Complete month-end responsibilities
- Coordinate receiving tickets, purchase orders and invoices for proper coding and approval signature
- Ensure all accounts are current, reconcile vendor statements and maintain record of payments
- Conduct research and prepare reports, as needed
What are we looking for?
- Two plus years experience in Front Desk operations and thorough understanding of Accounting, purchasing and receiving procedures
- Working knowledge of all Windows based Accounting systems
- Strong level of proficiency in Excel
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Strong team player, enthusiastic to learn and accomplish the Finance Department & Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts’ overall goals
- Experience in a luxury environment
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Hospitality Management
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!