Responsible for providing quality workmanship, consistent service, and technical knowledge to the customers. Performs all tasks related to the testing, diagnosing, repair, maintenance, and reconditioning of heavy equipment, transmissions, engines (gasoline and diesel), and engine components in the shop.
- Inspect and diagnose components and equipment for servicing needs.
- Communicate with equipment owners for authorization of servicing and repairs as required.
- Service and repair equipment in the shop and on-site for the customer.
- Recondition and remanufacture components as required for equipment, engine and hydraulic repairs.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers.
- Communicate equipment servicing needs as required with Branch Supervisor/Manager.
- Communicate work performed and complete service paperwork.
- Update and maintain service records
- Fill out warranty information
- Complete work orders
- Participate in manufacturers’ and in house service training. Training may occur during work and/or after work hours.
- Participate in all required Health & Safety Training.
- Comply with the Health & Safety program and practices.
- Performance of daily duties in a manner conducive to a safe workplace.
- Work with Manufacturers online support.
- Conduct housekeeping duties
- Maintain a professional company image at all times.
- Meet requirements of Field Level Hazard and Job Hazard assessments
- Education: Trade certification, Journeyman Red Seal and/or currently registered in a related Provincial Apprenticeship program.
- Work Experience: 2-3 years
- Knowledge: Proficient written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to work with customers, exceptional customer service; demonstrated mechanical aptitude, analysis and problem solving skills
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.” Highlights include:
- Commencing on you start date you are eligible for medical, dental, vision, DCPP (Pension Plan), RRSP and more
- Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers
- Our unique additional perks program includes exclusive discounts with variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, TELUS, a group mortgage, home & auto insurance program and more
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.