Grow industry revenues within assigned national industry account portfolios and drive the acquisition of new large accounts (<$500K). Drive the top-line through expert account oversight, relationship management and sales. Execute the industry strategy, formal account planning and forecasting in coordination with business development staff within region. Retain and grow business relationships with Key/National accounts by proactively identifying opportunities and presenting innovative solutions.
- Responsible for identifying and building relationships with key senior decision makers within assigned key accounts, creating an on-going relationship strategy, cultivating partnering relationships, and establishing Wajax as a trusted advisor
- Responsible for the quality of key account’s “book of business”, growth, retention and guaranteed cost savings targets while actively collaborating with business development to deliver annual sales and retention targets within existing products
- Manages the development and implementation of strategic account plans within assigned portfolio, supporting the oversight of all existing accounts assigned to industry verticals
- Serves as the account advocate internally to direct resources and activities
- Provides frequent face to face contact with customer base, managing and developing a list of key customers
- Provides executive steering and oversight to ensure that targets are being delivered
- Increase sales volume within each major account (across lines of business)
- Works with Regional Managers and front line sales to ensure superior service and support to locations for National accounts
- Develops relationships and opportunities related to new large key accounts and assists in opportunity identification to move Top accounts into National accounts
- Reviews and provide input on target client opportunities while ensuring alignment with overall account strategy
- Tracks market information pertaining to customer, projects and competitor activities. Identify and understand competitive landscape for industry vertical
- Responsible for forecasting, delivering and adjusting accounts working towards success against contract terms
- Works in cooperation with Marketing and the BD Group for the research and development of insights into the account marketplace including assisting with new client business opportunities
- Coordinates with the Business Development group to identify and capitalize on expansion and cross-selling opportunities within existing accounts
- Become a strategic partner with key account customers and move from transactional sales to a consultative sales model, creating the “value proposition”
- Education: Bachelor degree / College diploma
- Work Experience: 4-5 years with a proven track record in attaining/exceeding account management and sales goals
- Knowledge: Leadership level industry experience and knowledge of industry sectors an asset
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.” Highlights include:
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
- Wajax-led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers such as Hitachi, 3M, and Detroit Diesel.
- Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers, equivalent to their internal employee pricing.
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.