- Directs all purchasing and inventory management for parts and components
- Directs the distribution of inventory across the organization to maintain optimum fill rates and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Liaises with sales and operations on a daily/weekly basis to address concerns and plan for upcoming issues and changes that may affect inventory
- Develops and implements best practices throughout the Inventory Planning and Purchasing teams to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency, as well as adhering to customer needs
- Defines and drives the strategies for the analysis, measurement, design, and continuous improvement of the organization’s purchasing and inventory management methods and tools
- Oversees the adherence to proper inventory management practices and ensures that inventory management and purchasing follow predefined guidelines
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the inventory and purchasing budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, compiling and studying costs, and initiating corrective actions as necessary.
- Implement, support and monitor Health and Safety programs designed to ensure our “Everyone Home Safe” initiatives are achieved
- Develop the overall Supply Chain solution architecture and strategy to support the productivity requirements;
- Develop tools that help streamline data analysis and reporting for the Supply Chain user community;
- Participate in the development of the process and system changes necessary to enhance Supply Chain performance;
- Execute and drive supply chain strategy and best practices;
- Develop and implement market leading strategies, tactics, and infrastructures to meet and exceed the groups goals and objectives;
- Manage projects (budgeting, staffing, risk assessment and mitigation) to ensure complete customer satisfaction and project profitability;
- Establish procurement policies and procedures to guide supply chain management towards long-term business objectives;
- Lead and guide supply chain personnel on business impact and supply market complexity, develop appropriate strategies to ensure applicability, successful implementation and optimization of supply chain systems and successful completion of mission critical projects;
- Coach supply chain personnel on supply chain initiatives to support strategic planning, approve recommendations on the optimal sourcing strategies and ensure high-level buy-in from key stakeholders;
- Manage day to day interactions with internal and external customers;
- Develop and maintain contact with customer groups; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of pricing strategies;
- Perform role of coach with Supply Chain Managers; provide input and guidance into the staffing process, actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for teams;
- Establish corporate target and provide direction in areas of pricing, terms and conditions, supplier programs and monitoring of supplier performance.
- Experience in inventory management and purchasing for parts and components in the mining, petroleum or other industrial industry.
- You have at least 8 years’ management experience, as of 3 years’ experience managing, leading and motivating diverse group of managers and employees;
- 7-10 years experience in supply chain/procurement leadership role
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Engineering, or another related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and studies;
- You have experience and knowledge in all aspects of project management;
- You have the ability to communicate with Senior Management across the business as well as external suppliers and possess excellent strategic presentations skills;
- You possess strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment;
- You have the ability to develop high-profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and levels of the organization;
- You have demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to innovate, inspire, empower and coach others;
- You have a high proficiency and are a good communicator in English (written and spoken). French speaking an asset.
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.” Highlights include:
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
- Wajax-led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers such as Hitachi, 3M, and Detroit Diesel.
- Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers, equivalent to their internal employee pricing.
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.