Reporting To: Chief Financial Officer
The Financial Assistant will process payroll and administer benefits, assist with accounting tasks, and submit HST remittances. This position will also be responsible for some purchasing duties and the maintenance of an approved vendor list.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Payroll Functions
- Responsible for the processing of biweekly payroll, ensure accuracy of approved timesheets, track and deduct special payroll deductions and ensure valid data transfer to/from payroll service
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Setup each employee and valid programs for each employee's salary costs
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis
- Adhere to policy including compliance with Federal regulations
2) Benefits Functions
- Assume responsibility of timely payment of monthly premiums
- Manage enrollments and determine employee eligibility
- Handle all benefit compensation and reimbursement procedures
- Coordinate leaves of absence and process claims or request (medical operations, WSIB etc.)
- Update employee records with all relevant information
3) Accounting Functions
- Assist with month-end task, including reconciliations of general ledger accounts
- Analyze accounting data when required
- Back up to A/R and A/P
- Ensure financial policy is adhered to on day-to-day transactions
- Oversee HST and complete annual submission
- Assist developing a purchasing process
- Evaluate and facilitate approval on purchase requests and coordinate with vendors to ensure accuracy of all deliveries
- Maintain a preferred vendor list
- Manage inventory, if applicable
5) Other Related Duties:
- File and keep files up folders up to day
- Perform other job-related duties as may reasonably be required by the Chief Financial Officer, Managers or Senior Administrator.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of an Accounting Diploma
- At least 3 years of direct experience working in payroll and month end tasks
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of Simply Accounting 300 and/or Simply Accounting 50
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting procedures and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Apps
- Knowledge of Payroll Legislation
- Purchasing experience or knowledge would be an asset
- Well-developed organizational, communicative, interpersonal, time management and analytical skills.
- High level of initiative and self-direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be reliable and dependable, and committed to maintaining confidentiality.
- Non-judgmental and positive approach to all service users.
- Self-awareness of own limiting factors that may impact job performance
- Must have a valid Ontario Class "G" license and access to a vehicle.
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time position beginning immediately. Hourly wage will be based on qualifications and experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the position to:
Attention: Joanne Contant
P.O. Box 260
Phone: (705) 762-2354 ext. 227 Fax: (705) 762-2376
Deadline for applications is May 8th, 2019 at 4:00 pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide an acceptable Canadian Police Information Check (CPIC) before commencing work.
Job Type: Full-time