Reports To: CEO
Classification: Full time, Non-exempt or exempt
If you are an ambitious designer who wants to see your design come to life, we want to hear from you! Wafflejack is looking for a Mid-Level Graphic Designer to join a fast-growing restaurant franchise brand.
- Digital Portfolio (must)
Who We Are
Wafflejack serves handcrafted artisanal Belgian-style waffles fitting for all taste buds and we want to share these warm delights with the world!
Graphic designer will support the team on a variety of projects, including menu design, promotional ads, product posters, digital assets, videos, photography etc. A passion for print design and processes, strong typography skills, illustration skills, and attention to detail are a must. The ideal designer will be motivated, organized, and be able to think and execute creatively with a high degree of craft in a fast-paced environment.
At Wafflejack, we encourage fun, friendly, and quirky attitudes towards work that promotes awesome team building and enthusiasm.
Everyone on the team is hired based on our F.R.E.S.H. profile - ability to demonstrate that they are Friendly, Respectful, Energetic, Service-focused, and Hardworking.
- Maintaining F.R.E.S.H. profile while communicating with team members.
- Detail oriented, and is able to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Work with brand standards and guidelines to create assets for various projects across our portfolio.
- Prepare final files for print production
- Manage social media appearance with social media manager
- Ensure consistency of Wafflejack brand aesthetic
- Must abide by standard office hours - Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Perform other duties as directed by CEO.
Must be able to work various schedules that often include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Harassment Prevention Training minimum of 1 hour.
Physical Demands of the Job
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as desktop, laptop computers, photocopiers and phones.
- A well-groomed and professional appearance (compliant with Wafflejack Uniform Standard).
- Stationary, seated position
- Some bending/kneeling required
- Lifting/carrying up to 35 pounds.
- Hazards may include, but not are limited to, slipping and tripping.
- Ability to communicate in spoken English; must be able to see, hear, and speak.
- 3+ years of experience in graphic design required.
- A background in restaurants, food and beverage is a plus but also in lifestyle verticals including fashion and entertainment.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Possess a passion for, and strength in, recognizing excellent layout composition.
- Highly organized and able to tackle multiple projects at once with a great attention to detail.
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite- Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and InDesign.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and integrate it in design pieces
- Experience with photography and video is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Food & Beverage: 2 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Employee discounts