The Accountant is responsible for financial analysis, general ledger accounting, reconciliations, and financial reporting. This position is primarily responsible for determining, interpreting, and calculating financial transactions applying complex accounting and regulatory rules.
Along with the key functions listed below, each position will be expected to uphold the value that Washington Federal places on simply being nice when servicing our co-workers and WAFD customers, and living our Corporate Values of Integrity, Ownership, Simplicity, Teamwork, and Service Culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Review general ledger accounts and compute/record journal entries.
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements and general ledger accounts.
- Respond to accounting procedure inquiries by researching and interpreting accounting guidance Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal procedures.
- Review and interpret invoices, contracts and agreements for proper coding and accounting recognition.
- Assist with preparation of financial, SEC, and regulatory reports in compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements with attention to format completeness, proper classification of amounts, accounting procedures, sound judgement and adequate supporting documentation.
- Participate in the design, analysis and/or implementation of new/enhanced accounting and organizational systems/processes to ensure compatibility with accounting requirements.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements regarding all financial functions.
- Ensure that written procedures are documented for all functions within area of job responsibility, and update as necessary, to provide staff with instruction and guidelines for operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.