The Director of International Sales is responsible for driving strategic sales growth within targeted global markets. This position will focus on achieving sales goals and building Brand awareness through Architects, Engineers, Designers and Specifiers in designated markets.
C*ritical Success Factors: *
* Development and execution of strategic plans to achieve global sales targets.
* Manage and drive performance of International Sales Managers.
* Collaborate with US and China support teams to enhance internal infrastructures to aid in global sales development.
* Relationship management and brand building within the international specification community.
* Effective budget management
* Develop and implement sales strategy targeting architects, designers, engineers, etc. to drive inclusion of product on job specifications.
* Develop relationships with key international specifiers for commercial projects including hospitality, retail and museums.
* Monitor the sales efforts and performance of sales managers, independent agents and channel partners and develop sales plans, forecasts, and budgets to address product sales objectives for the international market.
* Aggressively seek out and pursue new specification business prospects.
* Conduct negotiations with existing and new accounts and potential prospects including closing on sales opportunities.
* Develop strong relationships with all decision makers including distributors, specifiers, architects, designers, buying groups, and project managers.
* Work with internal support teams to develop and enhance internal infrastructure to support global specification business needs. Ensure all aspects of project management are completed at a high level of service and within expected timelines.
* Develop & manages sales forecasts and expense budgets for the global sales team.
* Ensures all purchase agreements, contracts and other documentation are completed accurately, where necessary.
* Assist in the preparation of inventory requirements and scheduling.
* Participate in developing new product strategies that meet the strategic sales objectives of the company. Conduct in field market research and provide well thought out new product ideas including target market, necessary listings, suggested price points and anticipated sales forecast.
* Work with customers and internal resources to overcome barriers that might delay project implementation.
* Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent work-related experience in a business-related field. International business is a plus.
* 10-15 years of international specification sales management experience within the lighting industry (engineering background is preferred).
* Strong knowledge of European and South American markets.
* Ability to develop and execute strategy for sales results with a proven track record of successful achievement of sales targets in the international marketplace.
* Solid strategic planning and execution skills
* Solid oral and written communication & presentation skills.
* Proven ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
* 75% international travel/Base location is open
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: paid time off; medical & dental premiums (including family coverage), vision, life, 401(k); tuition assistance; and continuous training and development.
About WAC Lighting:
Founded in 1984, WAC Lighting has evolved into a global company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative track, recessed, under cabinet, monorail, step and wall lights and decorative lighting solutions with a new sustainable LED collection for residential, retail, hospitality, museum and commercial applications.
We strive every day to develop sustainable lighting by maximizing the aesthetic quality of today's interior environment while minimizing the impact on our world's precious natural environment. To achieve this goal, we are developing luminaries that deliver the finest quality of light with the most energy efficient lamping and optic technology available. We acknowledge our responsibility to raise the standards for how lighting quality is provided.
Given the high volume of responses, only qualified candidates will be contacted. W.A.C is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time