At GE Transportation , a Wabtec company, we move and improve the world. We are a global technology leader and supplier of equipment, services and digital solutions to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our innovations help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques and digitally connected machines.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title… it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters? Or do things that haven’t been done to make your life and someone else’s better? GE Transportation has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so for decades to come! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE Transportation delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Field Service Engineer (FSE) utilizes strong electrical knowledge and product expertise to advise their work group in resolving issues impacting the availability and reliability of the product. They ensure product performance through consistent monitoring of metrics and utilize strong organizational skills to ensure repairs are made and objectives are met. Immediate action with hands-on work, and strategic planning for sustained performance are both essential components of the role. The FSE will also be responsible for performing analysis of customer and product management inputs to define concepts and requirements used to develop solutions for automation and control products / systems for the US and global transit, transportation and railroad industry. In this role, the FSE focus will be on large scale land-based data and voice communications systems.
- Manage ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration of installed products.
- Ability to perform on-site installation of systems and equipment.
- Build and maintain reliable reporting and tracking systems to utilize field data and ensure availability and reliability of the product is sustained.
- Respond and resolve requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment.
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites.
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, and any currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties to accomplish effective warranty administration.
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to skilled labor performing work on customer sites.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance for a wide range of equipment vintages.
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future issues.
- Able to build and develop strong relationships with external and internal customers.
- Perform Communications Engineering tasks in support of program objectives.
- Participate in safety analyses and provide input into system test and validation activities.
- Provide technical support to program managers and project engineers when communicating with customers
- Develop creative solutions / architectures and define and document communications system requirements for new and existing products via system specifications and technical memorandums.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- OR diploma with at least 5 year’s project management with a strong background in radio communication and communication networks.
- Strong background in communications systems with a High school diploma/GED will be considered if accompanied with at least 7 years proven work experience in a communications field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Understanding of electronic theory. Read and interpret schematic diagrams, test logic I/O circuits, analyze results and identify failures. Remove and install sub-system components and wiring.
- Experience with the design, operation and evaluation of control and/or communication systems
- Experience with RF and railroad communications systems
- Experience with project management and test / validation
- Strong business acumen with ability to display the value of GE products and services to the customer to ensure continued and expanded partnerships.
- Strong customer service mindset with the tenacity and patience to develop long-term customer relationships
- Prior people and/or project management experience.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Formal quality training such as Six Sigma or Lean.
- Prior field engineering experience would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of locomotive and/or trackside systems a plus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Railroad industry experience
GE Transportation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! GE Transportation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.