Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Transportation, A Wabtec Company is looking for an Embedded Software Developer to work on exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on its business.
You will be responsible for programming to implement features or enhancements on our embedded computing and networking products. You will contribute to the team, working independently, but taking direction from the Senior Team Members or management.
In this role you will:
- As a member of a Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
- Collaborate with system engineers and other developers to implement solutions that are aligned with, and extend, our shared platforms and solutions
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Agile and CI
- Address issues such as Security, Scalability, Documentation, Refactoring and Testing
- Write high quality code to coding standards, and which deliver required functionality, using the technology selected for the project
- Understand applications and their performance parameters, determining how to verify and assess that performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering/Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Legal authorization to work in the Canada is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to work out of our office located in Oakbank, Manitoba
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree Computer Engineering/Science
- 2 years of professional experience developing embedded software in C or C++
- Experience with C/C++, Python, or BASH programming
- Experience with Linux, QNX or bare-metal microprocessor development
- Knowledge of IP networks, SNMP, managed network devices
- Experience with virtualized environments like KVM or Wind River OVP
- Experience with Linux containers environments like Docker
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
- Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
- Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
- Demonstrate the ability to help team members
- Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
- Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
- Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for new knowledge, new experiences and new technologies
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.