Shift details: Day Shift: Monday - Friday; 8am to 5pm
- Knowledge of transportation requirements for freight movements in the local & surrounding areas
- Dispatch drivers on loads delivered from the various terminals. Communicate with appropriate dispatchers for assistance on delivery loads.
- Prioritize delivery loads based on driver availability and customer requirements
- Respond to satellite messages, dispatch accordingly and make necessary equipment moves in the computer.
- Provide assistance with dispatch calls from customers and drivers, including inquiries with all areas of dispatch.
- Have a complete understanding of the work with movements dispatch program. Make appointments for loading, unloading and entering loads as required.
- Dispatch drivers for backhauls when empty. Ensure computer moves are up to date at all times.
- Prepare bills for delivery with cover sheets and other pertinent information.
- Prepare Dispatch notes for evening activity. Email evening dispatchers with any changes that may occur.
- All other duties as required.
- Knowledge of shipping documents and Ontario/Canada geography required
- Previous experience communicating information to drivers preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in an open environment required
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Good keyboarding skills with accuracy required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Dispatch: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON (Preferred)