Title: Accounting Manager
World Energy, LLC is the second largest producer of biodiesel and renewal diesel in the US. The corporate office is located in Boston, MA. The Company has biodiesel plants in seven locations in the US and Canada and a renewable diesel plant in California.
The Accounting Manager will be an integral member of the finance and accounting team and will be responsible for all areas of financial accounting in Boston. The candidate will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial statements. The Accounting Manager manage and mentor all employees in the accounting department. In this position you will be required to meet tight deadlines, deal with a multitude of accounting activities including maintaining the general ledger, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and support the budget and forecasting activities. The candidate must have superior written and oral communication skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as well as a strong background in financial accounting.
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly financial statements and related working papers
- Owner of financial close process
- Assist in the consolidated audit
- Contribute to the on-going process improvement initiatives
- Identify, analyze and communicate variance analysis
- Assist the finance team with budget and forecasting initiatives
- Supervise, mentor, and develop accounting team of four to five employees, including managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective team dynamic
- Assist with special projects within the finance group as required including various analytical procedures and preparation of ad-hoc reports
The successful candidate will be a qualified CPA with:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, and an MBA or Master's degree preferred
- CPA required; Big 4 public accounting firm experience preferred
- Experience effectively managing and developing a team
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and polished interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a team environment with the desire to seek continuous improvement
- Strong sense of time management and task prioritization
- Superior analytical skills with a strong aptitude to understand the business and its operations
Equal Opportunity Policy
World Energy, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected Veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected characteristic.