DUTIES SHALL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
1. Receive the accounts payable invoices from the daily mail run. Many invoices are emailed to the accounts payable department. These will also have to be printed and processed. Match the invoices to the appropriate purchase order, work order, sub-contract order and/or standing approval order. If necessary, send a copy of the invoice to the appropriate manager for approval.
2. Once approved and or matched, code the invoice with the appropriate general ledger accounting code number and enter the invoice into the accounting software system.
3. Responsible for maintaining the open accounts payable computerized report and the open invoice accounting file.
4. Review the bank statement weekly transactions and look for ACH payments, wires transfers (both in and out), and any other transactions that need to be recorded in the general ledger using the accounting software.
5. Reconcile the bank statements and the credit/debit card statements monthly.
6. Set up and maintain short term and long-term loan accounts in the accounting software system as well as maintain a working file by lender. Post the loan payments according to the correct split between principal and interest.
7. Set up and maintain monthly accounting files for (a) open accounts payable, (b) cash receipts (including wire payments), (c) disbursements by check as well as wire, (d) paid accounts payable, (e) current file of authorized automatic accounts payable payments, and (f) voided check file.
8. Record cash receipts (check or wire) against the subsidiary accounts receivable file and reconcile the subsidiary accounts receivable file to the trial balance for the same period.
9. Verify approval and then set up and maintain vendors that have monthly contractual service agreements for a constant amount.
10. Work on and help maintain the balance sheet analysis accounts including preparation of the PBC's support schedules.
11. Reconcile and maintain files for all company credit cards. Keep files on credit card charges submitted by employees, gather the appropriate approvals where necessary, record the charges into the appropriate general ledger account and set the credit card up for payment. Keep hard copies of the credit card reconciliations each month by credit card.
Educational and Experience Qualifications:
At least two years of formal accounting education including beginning accounting and intermediate accounting. Cost accounting would be a plus.
Minimum 5-years of experience in accounts payable and accounts receivables. Prefer experience through trial balance.
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: