Processes wire transfer orders requested by VyStar internal stakeholders. Provides instructions and guidance to managers and other VyStar personnel to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures regarding wires and daily transaction processing of the organization; provides guidance and assistance to employees as needed. Performs balancing for the branch network. Manages and balances the official checks for the credit union.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reviews and verifies the accuracy and completeness of the processing of daily members deposits accepted at the organization’s branches. Serves as a credit union liaison with other financial institutions and answers questions and researches and resolves issues and problems.
Performs due diligence on funds transfer exceptions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements outlined in the U.S. government’s Bank Secrecy Act. Responsible for balancing and reconciling daily wire transfer activity and for researching and resolving any discrepancies. Keeps abreast of wire processing system enhancements and implementation.
- Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your client or member.
- Connect c onsistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care.
- Understand listen empathetically and ask questions. (70%/30%).
- Counsel recommend solutions based on your client’s or member’s needs and objectives.
- Advance ensure that member's expectations were exceeded.
- Verify necessary follow-up actions were completed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of operational accounting processes, internal controls and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze issues associated with business products and services and to understand the resulting accounting and business implications.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Excellent ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish various goals and objectives and to produce high quality materials within tight time frames.
- Self-starter with exceptional attention to detail, advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven success with leading, developing and motivating internal talent; excellent leadership skills and a roll-up your sleeves attitude toward work; proactive and motivated work ethics.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Associate’s degree in accounting or finance preferred or equivalent work experience of five years of accounting/finance experience with a financial institution. Knowledge of and familiarity with the use of Microsoft Excel (specifically knowledge of pivot tables and V-look-ups) and Word is a job requirement. Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment is preferred.
DISCLAIMERS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The position description is intended to be an accurate account of the essential job functions. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As required or requested, may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.