Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it’s for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website is www.validusa.com.
Our manufacturing facility in Downers Grove, IL is seeking a CNC Programmer..
What will you do?
Write code to automate power driven machines that cut and finish metal sheeting. The candidate will need to be able to transfer PDF and DXF files and convert them into accurate and effective cutting programs to be cut on our CNC machines.
- Create instructions for machinists
- Knowledge of FANUC control system
- Review 3D CAD design blueprints
- Make calculations for programming including where and how different materials with different coatings should be cut
- Translate instructions into a Computer Automated Manufacturing (CAM) program
- Communicate with engineers and clients who will use the programs
- Check completed programs by running simulations or tests.
- Prepare geometric layout of designs using proper software.
- Determine sequence of operations in a program.
- Choose cutting tools that will be needed to cut our substrates cleanly.
- Analyze job order and performs necessary calculations.
- Write programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency.
- Analyze and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs.
- Simplify tooling time for workers and increases productivity for the client.
- Evaluate all completed designs to validate their functions and ensure they successfully reduce time and money for the client.
- Monitor all programs to make sure they follow blueprint instructions and safely and successfully complete the task.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations of our plant.
What we are looking for:
- Superior computer programming skills
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Good math skills, especially algebra, trigonometry and physics
- Good active listening skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of metal shop work
- High attention to detail
- Able to work effectively with little to no supervision
- Ability to read and write complex spreadsheets
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment
- Willing and able to operate the CNC machine as well as program same
- High school diploma
- Associate degree in CNC programming, a computer related field or mechanical field
- Knowledge of electronics and machine tools
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Continuing education to learn new techniques as they emerge.
- Certification through the National Institute of Metalworking Skills
- Certification from accredited technical school
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming or computer related field preferred.
What we offer:
- Benefits include competitive pay, health, vision, dental and life insurance, 401(k), on the job training and much more.