THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a STAFF ACCOUNTANT (TITLE 5), Position Description Number T5139000 and is part of the TN 164th AW National Guard.
As an Staff Accountant, GS-0510-11, you will provide administrative oversight, and carry out the requirements of a quality assurance and internal review program. Work closely with the FM staff to target areas for study and review. Ensure all open discrepancies are aggressively worked until completion. Develop and monitor the internal recognition program and assists the FM in nominating deserving personnel for local and higher headquarters awards. Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Series GS-0510 Positive Education Requirements
1. Degree: Accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included - or - was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to six hours of credit in business law.
2. Combination of Education and Experience: At least four years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The candidate's background must also include ONE of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to six hours of business law;
2. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination;
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing. For example, completed 15 semester hours however, the school course work does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour degree requirement as defined above in paragraph one (subject: Degree), provided that:(a) The candidate successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field for example, valuation engineering or financial institution examining;(b) A panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors determined that the candidate demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and advancement levels that are normally associated with successful completion of the four-year course of study degree, as described above in Paragraph One; and,(c) Except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the candidate's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, Transcriopts
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents: Submit when requested to validate credentials.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.