Email Marketing Officer
United Way of Calgary and Area is looking for a full-time Email Marketing Officer to join the Marketing, Media, and Communications department. Reporting to the Lead, Digital Marketing & Platforms, this Email Marketing Officer works to introduce and engage new audiences with the United Way brand and deepen engagement with existing audiences through strategic email marketing strategies. Working within a multi-disciplinary team, this role works collaboratively with stakeholders to successfully develop, plan, implement, and evaluate email marketing deliverables.
The Core Competency characteristics every member of United Way is expected to possess are Adaptable & Resilient, Relationship-Oriented, Collaborative, Results-Driven, Values-Driven, and Strategic Thinking.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Deliver great email marketing experiences for diverse audiences engaging with and learning about United Way
- Develop, implement, and execute email marketing plans—including regular touchpoints, newsletters, and ongoing email engagement and conversion journeys
- Develop and execute drip and automated campaigns
- Train email system users on best practices and how to use email marketing tools, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud or MailChimp
- Analyze and report on email marketing performance for optimal impact
- Use audience insights and research to inform email marketing approach for different audiences
- Manage multiple email projects simultaneously
Experience and skills:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in digital and email marketing
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, or relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced knowledge about email marketing principles and best practices
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Skilled in project management, with ability to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong in copy writing and content adaptation
- Advanced knowledge in email platforms such as; Marketing Cloud, Pardot, and/or MailChimp
- Advanced knowledge in email list management
- Knowledge in Salesforce CRM an asset
- Knowledge in HTML, CSS, and other digital languages an asset
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and SharePoint an asset
Send cover letter with salary expectations, and resume (PDF) by 12pm – Feb 3, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Email Marketing Officer – Your Name
UNITED WAY OFFERS A COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Visit our website at www.calgaryunitedway.org
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted.