WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises.
The organization is comprised of three teams: Operations & Personnel Services, Revenue Services, and Procure to Pay. Accounting Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders. The Subscription Revenue team provides accounting support to WarnerMedia Affiliate Sales Group for the U.S. and Canadian distribution of 10+ linear networks in WarnerMedia Entertainment, WarnerMedia News & Sports and Warner Bros. and International segments. This team is responsible for accounting for subscription revenues and receivables related to distribution contracts with cable, satellite or Telco distributors.
As trusted business advisors, the Accounting Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional financial operations across WarnerMedia's domestic and international businesses.
Oversees the day-to-day accounting activities - Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Prepare and/or review complex entries and supporting documentation.
- Prepare/review account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
- Analyze, complete and communicate detailed variance analyses.
- Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting.
- Research accounting issues and recommend treatment on these transactions.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
- Build, foster and maintain good working relationships with members of the Accounting Business Services (ABS) and stakeholders.
- Provide support for affiliate audits.
- Gather supporting evidence for internal and external audits.
- Prepare quarterly schedule reporting and tax packages.
4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Masters degree and/or CPA is preferred.
- 3+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public).
Well-qualified Sr. Accountant candidates.
Experience leading teams and/or projects is preferred.
- Senior accountants should have advance analytical and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate key information.
- Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
- Self-starter and work with limited direction and taking full ownership of areas of responsibility.
Other desired experience:
- Detail-oriented and high energy.
- Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word & PowerPoint is preferred.
- PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
- Experience with a shared services organization.
Paid time off every year to volunteer
Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
2018 Best Company for Dads
An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.