This is a part-time position with the possibility of leading to a full-time position. This position involves working closely with senior management and international clients from various backgrounds in an effort to coordinate and teach English as a Second Language.
Classes are held at our location in downtown Kitchener. The working environment generally consists of a small classroom that ranges from 1 to 4 students per class. Each class is two hours long with up to six hours spent teaching per day. Students range from teenagers to adult learners. All essential teaching materials are provided. The salary depends on factors such as your education, experience and skills.
- Prepare subject material for presentation to students according to an approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, shop and field studies
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Evaluate progress, determine individual needs of students and discuss results with parents and management
- Teach and evaluate students through distance or online courses
- May advise students on course selection and on vocational and personal matters
- May supervise student teachers
- A bachelor's degree, a college diploma or demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction is required
- 1-year of experience or more working in an upper-intermediate or advanced English teaching/tutoring environment with a strong emphasis toward teaching grammar is required
- Own laptop or tablet is required
- Must be willing to make themselves available from 12 pm to 9 pm, Monday to Friday, when necessary
- Must be fluent in the English language
- Must be efficient and timely communicating via email on a day-to-day basis
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems is an asset
- Familiarity with Google Applications and Microsoft Office is an asset
- Fluency in Mandarin, Korean, Spanish or Portuguese is an asset
- TESOL, TEFL, or similar training is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently
Top Education Canada is an English tutoring and education consulting business that is dedicated to assisting the international community with their integration into Canadian society, ultimately enriching their lives within Canada. Top Education Canada's mission is to strive for the most effective and efficient methods of learning to optimize academic performance and development.
- Company events & social hours
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Bonus scheme
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $25.00 /hour
- upper-intermediate or higher English teaching/tutoring: 1 year (Required)
- English fluently (Required)