SDS (SageData Solutions) is looking for a software developer to join our team. The successful applicant will be designing and writing applications for handheld computers, workstations and servers in a wide range of applications.
Clients include government and private sector, and the tools that we provide help manage large events, and routine operations. Associated technologies include barcode, RFID, NFC and BLE. You will be using the latest technology for RFID readers and Android platforms.
The pace is active, with occasional critical projects running on a short fuse. Sometimes “hello” to function is measured in weeks. It is not boring. And the systems you design and build will usually quickly be in the field, saving time, saving money, as well as improving safety and service.
SageData is a private company, based in Ottawa. As a small company, we offer a flexible working environment where your ideas, creativity and skills will flourish. You will be actively involved with clients, from defining requirements, developing an effective solution, building and installing the system. It is about more than just the software.
The potential candidate will fill the following role:
- Develop Android, Windows, and web-based applications
- Analyze design documents and create databases to meet the application requirements
- Test the applications to ensure they perform as per design specifications
- Troubleshoot and fix any issues reported by the customer
- Provide PDS - Post Delivery Support.
Skills and Qualifications
- Open to recent graduate from a community college in the computer/IT related field
- Creative thinker who can provide input in the design process
- Good knowledge of Android development, ideally including SQL, Java, PHP, and VB.Net
- Willingness to learn and take up any task assigned in the project
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Familiarity with UI/UX design would be an asset
Please send your resume with a cover letter. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Contract for 6 months with the intent of becoming full time.
Job Type: Full-time
Software Development: 1 year (Preferred, but not essential)
Post Secondary Education (Preferred)
Ottawa, ON (Required)