At Rogue our mantra is Dare, Risk, Dream. This is an attitude that comes from relentless curiosity and a drive to question, create and inspire. A DIY spirit runs through everything we do and make. We aren't afraid to think big, get messy and risk it all when it comes to creating authentic, innovative products that we are passionate about.
Our Pub Accountant is focused on financial analysis and adjusting entries for Rogue's 9 public houses, along with bank reconciliations and reporting. Responsibilities include cost of goods sold analysis, heavy ad hoc financial reporting, and other general accounting duties as assigned. Position is based in Portland and requires occasional travel to assist with monthly inventories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pub Sales & COGS reporting and variance analysis
- Perform general accounting functions, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Point of sale system updates & reporting
- Financial statement preparation & review of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Monthly bank account reconciliations
- Assist with physical inventories, analyze inventory variances, and perform roll forwards.
- Respond to inquiries regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Executive summary reports
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 1+ years accounting experience
- Restaurant industry experience preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capability to relate financial concepts to non-finance employees
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties. Mostly an office environment and occasionally in a restaurant environment. The noise levels will vary based on location.
Occasional travel to Rogue Pubs (currently in Oregon & Washington), monthly for inventory support.
Additional duties may be required. Rogue reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a salary position. Rogue offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Care, generous PTO, 401(k) with company match, and other company perks outlined in the Rogue Employee Handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.