Rayonier Advanced Materials is the leading global manufacturer of forest products, including lumber, paper, packaging and a global leader of high purity cellulose, a natural polymer commonly found in cell phones, computer screens, filters and pharmaceuticals. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,200 people and generates approximately US$2 billion of revenues.
Rayonier Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 86 years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.
This position will be responsible for supporting management in preparation, reporting and reconciliation of financial statements across all segments of the company. Strong attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Adherence to generally accepted accounting principles and internal accounting controls to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Support an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit and quarterly financial statement reviews by providing supporting schedules/explanations to the internal and external audit team.
- Highlight opportunities and support continuous improvement to ensure results at the highest efficiency levels, in the most cost-conscious manner, and in support of company initiatives.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information, and prepare account reconciliations.
- Prepare analysis of financial statement results in support of business objectives.
- Adhere to accounting policies and internal controls procedures.
- Guides accounting associates by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable governmental regulations, company policies and Rayonier Advanced Materials Standard of Ethics and Code of Corporate Conduct.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree business. Accounting preferred, CPA preferred
- 3-7 years of progressive work experience
- Position demands up-to-date knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (and application of GAAP), financial reporting disclosure requirements and internal controls
- The position requires strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate with operating and financial managers at headquarters and in the field.
- Generally accepted accounting principles.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.