(For a complete list of benefits, refer to the Human Resources Policy Manual)
Full Time, Regular Employees - (40 hours per week)Health Insurance Coverage:
Racine County is self-insured. The Third-Party Administrator is UnitedHealthcare. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty days of employment.
- Premium sharing: Racine County pays 85%, employee pays 15%.
- IN NETWORK: Individual deductible $400, family deductible $800 per calendar year. After the deductible is met, the plan pays 80% of allowable charges. Out-of-pocket maximum per calendar year is $2000 for individual and $4000 for family.
- OUT OF NETWORK: Individual deductible is $800, family deductible $1600 per calendar year. After the deductible is met, the plan pays 60% of allowable charges. Out-of-pocket maximum per calendar year is $3000 for individual and $6000 for family.
- Prescription drug, vision, and mail order maintenance drug benefits.
Dental Insurance Coverage:Basic coverage :
Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty days of employment. Choose either basic coverage or premium coverage.
Racine County is self-insured. The Third-Party Administrator for basic dental coverage is UnitedHealthcare.
Premium dental coverage (Anthem/Dentacare):
- Individual deductible $25, family deductible $75 per family per year.
- No deductible for diagnostic or preventative services.
- Co Insurance 80% of usual and customary charges of covered services paid. Maximum of $1200/year per person.
- Fully paid insurance premium by Racine County.
- No orthodontic coverage.
Flexible Spending Accounts:
- No deductibles
- 100% coverage at participating dental center
- Employee pays for lab work (prosthetics, i.e., caps, crowns, bridges, dentures)
- Premium sharing Employee pays difference between basic coverage and Dentacare.
- Orthodontic coverage - Employee pays 50% of the fee up to a maximum payment by the employee of $695.
- Choose one dental clinic from a provided list for services.
- Optional - Regular full-time employees are eligible to contribute to two flexible spending accounts: Health Care Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account. Newly hired employees may enroll by submitting an enrollment form to Human Resources within thirty (30) calendar days from their date of hire.
Sick Time and Short-Term Disability:
- Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty days of employment.
- The County provides Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage in the amount equal to one times the employee's annual base salary rounded to the nearest $1000.
- An employee can elect to pay for additional life and dependent life insurance on a payroll deduction. The premium is determined by age and increment of insurance.
- Eligible after completion of six (6) months of service in a benefit-eligible position and upon successful completion of the introductory period.
Long Term Disability Program:
- Eligible after completion of six (6) months of service in a benefit-eligible position and upon successful completion of the introductory period. After a twelve (12) day elimination period, eligible employees may receive short-term disability coverage for a period of up to thirteen (13) weeks. All short-term disability coverage will be at 60% pay.
- Coverage becomes effective after six (6) months of continuous employment in a benefit-eligible position and upon completion of the elimination period. The elimination period is 90 days of continuous employment subject to the conditions of short-term disability (90 days). Racine County pays the full premium amount for covered employees. In the event of a total disability due to injury or illness, the long-term disability plan pays 60% of covered salary to a maximum monthly payment of $6,000.00. Benefits payable to employees may be reduced by Worker's Compensation, Wisconsin Retirement Annuity or Disability payments, Social Security or other specified income.
Wisconsin Retirement Fund:
- Racine County contributes the statutorily required employer's share of social security contributions.
- Effective from date of hire. The County contributes the employer's share to the Wisconsin Retirement fund. The employee contributes the employee's share, through automatic payroll deduction, to the Wisconsin Retirement fund, as required by State statute.
- The following holidays are observed by Racine County and shall be granted with pay to covered employees:
- New Year's Day
- Friday before Easter
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday following Thanksgiving Day
- Day before Christmas Day
- Christmas Day
- Day before New Year's Day
- A newly hired employee is not eligible for a floating holiday until after successful completion of the introductory period. If the calendar year ends before an employee has completed the introductory period, the employee is not eligible for a floating holiday for that year.
Vacations:Funeral Leave Pay:
Anniversary date of employment Weeks of Vacation
6th month anniversary 1 week
1st through 4th 3 weeks
5th through 7th 4 weeks
8th through 12th 4 weeks, 3 days
13th through 17th 5 weeks
18th through 22nd 5 weeks
23rd and beyond 5 weeks
- Eligible after completion of the introductory period. Reimbursement of up to three (3) paid days for the purpose of arranging and attending the funeral of a member of the employee's immediate family.
- Optional - Automatic payroll deduction from salary prior to tax deductions into a tax deferred savings program. Employees may enroll at the time of hire or during the designated open enrollment periods.
Employee Assistance Program:
- County employees are required to arrange for direct deposit of their pay to accounts in financial institutions.
Racine Employee Health & Wellness Center:
- Racine County has an Employee Assistance Program. EAP is a resource for emotional, financial, and legal support. EAP is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Racine County has partnered with the City of Racine and with Racine Unified to create a health center for:
- Racine County full-time employees, who are covered under the county health plan;
- Dependents of Racine County employees who are covered under the county health plan; and
- Racine County retirees and their dependents that are covered under the county health plan.
Visits are by appointment only. Available services include primary care, chronic disease management, wellness consultations, immunizations, physicals (including school and sports physicals), diagnosis and treatment of urgent care needs (e.g., ear or sinus infections, strep throat), and lab work. There is no fee or co-pay for visits to the center, but there may be costs for services referred outside of the health center (radiology, some lab services, etc.). County health coverage may be applied to any of those costs. Some medications are dispensed for free at the Wellness Center.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITSRegular Part-time Employees:
PART TIME AND LIMITED-TERM EMPLOYEES
Limited Term Employees:
- The classification of "regular part-time employee" shall include all County employees who are scheduled to work less than 40 hours per week on a regular basis (see Racine County Code of Ordinances, Section 15-81).
- Regular part-time employees who are scheduled to work twenty (20) hours or more per week, but less than forty (40) hours per week on a regular basis, are ineligible to participate in County group health, dental or life coverage. Other benefits such as vacation, disability leaves and holiday pay shall be pro-rated.
- Employees who are scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week shall receive no fringe benefits, except that employees who are eligible to participate in the Wisconsin Retirement system will be enrolled therein.
- Employees appointed to limited term positions for an anticipated duration of less than six (6) months will receive no fringe benefits, except that employees who are eligible to participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System will be enrolled therein.