Position Title: Bilingual (French/English) IT Service Desk Technician
The Bilingual Service Desk Technician's role is to ensure the customers of IT receive prompt attention to their requests for IT service with short term and long term solutions that enable them to accomplish their business tasks. This includes receiving, classifying, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user requests. Problem resolution will involve the use of diagnostic and tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help and remote service. This will be accomplished by following IT policies, processes, with effective communication and documentation.
_ Responsibilities: _
1. Field incoming service requests from end users.
2. Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
3. Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
4. Prioritize and schedule your work. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
5. Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
6. Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
7. Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
8. Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
9. Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
10. Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
11. Assist with the preparation for new stores, equipment replacements / upgrades, supporting our field support technicians and any 3rd parties.
12. Assist our business partners as required.
13. Keep all appropriate parties informed on the status and progress of all issues.
14. Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
15. Perform post-resolution follow-ups to service requests to ensure the issue has been resolved.
16. Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
17. Develop any necessary documentation such as procedures and processes.
18. Develop documentation and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
_ Position Requirements: _
1. Enrolled in a relevant college program in information technology, or equivalent.
2. Previous related coop experience with HelpDesk / Service Desks is a definite asset.
3. Experience in a supporting PC's, application software, infrastructure software, and network operations environment is a definite asset.
4. An understanding and familiarity with IT procedures and processes is a definite asset.
5. Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 2000, Windows 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Exchange, Outlook.
6. Requirement to work a non traditional work schedule.
7. Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
8. Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning.
9. Exceptional written and oral communication skills in French/English.
10. Strong documentation skills in French/English.
11. Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
12. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language French/English.
13. Highly self motivated and directed.
14. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
15. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
16. Exceptional customer service orientation.
17. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
18. Application support experience with store systems an asset.
19. Knowledge of programming languages an asset.
1. Be aware of all departmental issues as they relate to your area of responsibility.
2. Understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
3. Support other IT staff as necessary.
4. Be part of the 24/7 on-call rotation.
5. Provide assistance to other team member and their projects as required.
6. Maintenance, support and application implementations will require working outside of normal business hours from time to time with as much notice as possible. But "No Notice" may happen in extreme situations.
7. Sharing information with all IT staff in a timely fashion.
8. Contribute to the creation of IT processes and procedures as well as comply with same.
9. To be the backup resource to other resources in the department.
10. Ensure your backup resource is able to perform the majority of your routine tasks when you are away.
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein
Salaire : 45 000,00 $ /annee