Position Title: Associate, Category Marketing
Reports To: Manager, Brand Activation
Location: Chicago, IL
We are passionate about inspiring people to adopt reusable bottles - whether you like to drink water, coffee, tea, or poolside drinks! We believe reusability is core to who we are, and we know our brands can help the world to Drink Smarter. We use our leading-edge technology and combine it with our trend forward fashions, designs and materials. We are all driven beverage enthusiasts who are committed to our environment, without sacrificing performance, style, or quality.
We love to explore new ways to build our family of household brands such as Contigo, Bubba, Rubbermaid, Avex, and Marmot.
Among the benefits of joining our team besides the normal corporate perks are regular opportunities to volunteer in our community, group fitness activities, summer happy hours, or attending music festivals to drive reusability. To put it simply, we enjoy participating in experiential opportunities by choosing to reuse together!
So, grab your travel mug or water bottle and explore an opportunity with us today!
Accountable for supporting the brand and product marketing strategies for a product grouping(s) within a brand to build consumer demand and market share, grounded in deep consumer, product, and market understanding. This position will establish clear objectives for brand communication and a vision for short and long-term success by developing new product launches, pricing strategy, product portfolio management and integrated brand commercialization plans.
- Supports the annual brand planning process to create a fully integrated marketing plan and programming utilizing an entire omni-channel approach.
- Accountable for delivering marketing objectives and strategies for specific category, partnerships and projects.
- Recommends A&P programs and budget elements.
- Uncovers test and learn opportunities for commercialization vehicles to find leverage points for scale and impact.
- Responsible for product development from idea to delivery, across multiple product platforms and initiatives.
- Activates brand activities in accordance to the brand identity and guidelines process i.e. consumer promotion materials, POS, PR, social, and digital materials.
- Supports the brand communications and POS materials to ensure brand ID compliance.
- Ensures marketing communications and marketing adaptations are executed and are on-strategy while maintaining consistency for the brand.
- Uses POS Data, Shopper and pricing research to develop and optimize product and commercialization plans.
- Tracks brand metrics across commercialization activities to maintain alignment to campaign metrics, takes corrective action when necessary, reporting out on a monthly basis.
Product Portfolio Management
- Supports the execution on portfolio assortment needs, product adaptations, and pricing strategy for new innovation launches.
- Leads the language adaptations of new innovation packaging and launch support materials.
- Provides support to local creative service team(s) and/or local approved agency partners for innovation launches.
- Responsible for the commercialization on innovation programs, including partnerships and content development.
Integrated Marketing Plan and Execution
- Supports the local execution of category advertising and media executions.
Responsible for the execution of effective integrated marketing programs on time and at an exceptional level of quality.
Social Media, PR, Digital Marketing & Partnerships:
- Supports the brand commercialization planning process (inclusive of social, PR, digital, influencers & partnerships), brief development and SOW.
Partners with agency to ensure all brand spokespersons are media trained and briefed with key messaging to support brand objectives.
- Leads with social media to execute brand initiatives and/or seasonal campaigns on key social channels while maintain consistency to brand guidelines and tone of voice.
Leads with our external agencies the development of influencer and ambassador programs, in alignment with key brand initiatives.
- Lead with the digital teams to develop content calendars and execute content to go live on a monthly basis across digital platforms.
Promotions Planning & Budgeting
- Develops in partnership with sales planning, shopper marketing content needed to drive key customer programs.
- Recommends the development of the annual consumer promotion plans.
- Measures and analyzes ROI of consumer promotions and marketing programs and recommends improvements.
Project and Process Management
- Serves as the key liaison for own projects, between sales planning, digital marketing, R&D, design, finance and marketing operations.
Oversees project timelines, deliverables, from product ideation to launch/completion.
Measures and analyzes ROI of marketing programs and recommends improvements at the end of each program.
- Oversees day-to-day agency relationship and communication for marketing and holds agency partners accountable to program goals and ensures budgets are properly allocated.
- Responsible for the tracking of key programs, completes ROI analysis and recommends changes as needed.
- Works collaboratively with finance on key projects for financial alignment on all product and commercialization projects, delivering to division financial targets.
- Have a passion for the design, trends and bring a passion to our brands in the work environment.
Four-year College/University degree
- 2+ years of marketing and/or product management work experience.
- Up to 35% travel required
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated success/ability working in a matrix environment.
Strong communication skills, written, and oral.
- Proven ability to work on and lead a cross-functional team.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.