JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of multi-state sales & use tax returns, renewal of licenses and permits, and the central point of contact for treasury management.
- Oversee daily corporate cash management and cash forecasting activities
- Continually develop and streamline treasury operations including but not limited to policies, processes, and procedures that are focused on automation, effective cash management strategies and compliance
- Prepare and complete bank deposits
- Manage banking and armored car relationships
- Prepare multi-state sales & use tax returns
- Track and renew corporate and restaurant licenses and permits
- Prepare bank and general ledger account reconciliations; identify, research and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Assist in the review and analysis of financial reporting
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- Participate in financial audits
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management and move with a sense of urgency.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts
- Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines and execute on commitments with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains experience preferred
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years of Full Cycle Accounting or related experience
- Restaurant/Hospitality experience preferred
- Multi-unit experience preferred
- The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret data, and understand detailed instructions. Ability to write business correspondence, and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group settings.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to analyze and resolve problems, and use data to infer and identify problems and make recommendations to correct.
- This job operates in an office setting. This role is routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, crouch and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a personal computer to perform routine accounting. Proven experience working with spreadsheet and data with an intermediate knowledge of Excel. The ability to use data and information to make effective decisions.