At Lotus Foods we’re committed to Changing the Way Rice is Grown Around The World. This lofty mission inspires us to create delicious and innovative rice products crafted from heirloom varieties of rice grown around the world that improve farming communities and the health of our planet. As a small company with ambitious goals we believe in teamwork, entrepreneurial thinking, creativity, hard work and nutritional food.
This position will lead cross-functional teams and work with suppliers to bring innovation projects to fruition. This individual will also work on ensuring packaging compliance and will manage certifications (Organic, Non-GMO, etc).
The ideal candidate will have:
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the food industry, with employment history supporting professional growth within the industry
* Minimum undergraduate degree, MBA preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Comfort in working with international companies, with foreign language skills a plus (Chinese, Thai)
* Working hours flexibility to accommodate occasional meetings with international suppliers
* Open to occasional travel (including international travel)
* Valid passport
* Culinary (or food science) knowledge and experience highly desired
* Natural food industry experience highly desired
* Ideally, familiar with Non-GMO Project Verified, Organic and Gluten Free certification requirements
* A commitment to the mission of the company.
* A self-motivated, proactive individual
* Organized with strong attention to detail
* Able to manage multiple priorities.
* Passionate about food
Position may be located remotely within the United States, with travel, at least quarterly to the Richmond, CA office.