LodgeLink is a Calgary-based company focused on innovative technology-enabled workforce travel services. Our vision is to transform workforce travel for companies. With over 100,000 rooms and more than 1000 properties listed throughout Canada and the United States, LodgeLink is one of the largest and fastest-growing marketplaces for workforce accommodation (hotels and lodges) and travel services in North America. Learn more: www.lodgelink.com
We look for exceptional people who want to join an innovative, fast-paced, rapidly growing company that is focused on customer success. People who are at their best when the pressure is on. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want a career, not a job, we might be made for each other.
We have a full-time position for a Product Owner in Calgary, AB.
The Product Owner is responsible for setting, prioritizing and evaluating the work required to continuously improve the features and functionality of our LodgeLink platform, within the assigned Product area. They will be responsible for gathering feature requests, scheduling releases, and coordinating sprints. The Product Owner must be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage various product releases, with a goal to deliver the best software solutions to our innovative, disruptive and industry-leading platform.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner, within a SaaS environment. They will be an expert in collaboration across teams and have proven success in driving results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the vision and direction to the development team and stakeholders for the assigned product area;
- Work with internal stakeholders to analyze the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals;
- Work closely with the Product Manager to create and maintain a prioritized product backlog;
- Develop scope and define backlog items (Epics/Features/User Stories) that guide the Agile software development team;
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration and prioritization of the user stories;
- Lead the product release planning and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities;
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals;
- Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments;
- Research and analyze the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product;
- Keep abreast of Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends; and,
- Act as an ambassador for the product area and as the primary contact for queries related to the product area.
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for min. 3 years;
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field;
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies;
- Overall understanding of web platform technologies;
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles;
- Outstanding collaboration, communication, presentation and leadership skills;
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal;
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills;
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills; and,
- Creative and strategic thinker with a vision.
For more information, please visit https://lounge.lodgelink.com/careers
LodgeLink is an equal opportunity employer.