Posted on October 17, 2019 at 11:05 am
We are searching for a reliable and dependable Junior Network Admin to work Monday –Friday in downtown Vancouver. This position will be the first point of contact for end users and also supporting our developers. It will provide the opportunity to get “hands-on” experience in configuring and deploying new workstations and network devices, working with new technologies and being an integral part of our I.T team.
As part of the Kool-I.P. team, you must be driven, flexible and motivated to help others. You are self-motivated and reliable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate clearly and effectively either electronically, by phone or in person with business units and teams on IT projects.
- Researching, implementing, and supporting enterprise network and security products.
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other I.T. team members.
- Perform troubleshooting and remediation, while updating documentation.
- Perform hands on fixes, including software/hardware install and upgrade, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications.
- Manage deployment, administration and support for corporate desktops.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extremely reliable and punctual
- Must be able to work independently and know when to escalate issues upon determining cause
- Excellent customer service skills
- Responsible self-starter who is able to effectively plan and organize his/her own work
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong communication skills and command of the English language, written and verbal are required for this position
- Working knowledge of Windows Server technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File and print sharing
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies including Hyper-V and VMware
- Working knowledge of SAN technologies including HP Lefthand SAN and Nimble
- Working knowledge of firewalls/Switches including Sophos, PFSense, Untangle and HP Switches
- Working knowledge of Wireless technologies, Ubiquity wireless APs, AP management, RADIUS server
- Working knowledge of Office 365
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage desktops and laptops, Printer set up, administration and/or Cloud based email support, various browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla), Antivirus software, Anti-Malware software, printer and connectivity issues
- Solid understanding and strong Windows and Software Application and hardware support (Work/Excel/Outlook)
- Proficiency with software technologies and basic hardware, Note: Applicants may be quizzed during interview process
If you are interested in this career opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.