There’s never been a more exciting time to join our team.
That’s because members of Prospera Credit Union and Westminster Savings have approved the largest merger in Canadian credit union history. The merged credit union, Prospera Credit Union, will be Canada’s sixth largest, with more than $9.0 billion in assets under management, over 120,000 members, 900 employees and 29 full service branch locations.
A key benefit of this merger is that it will provide even more career and growth opportunities for our people- both our current and future employees! Come be part of our team.
We are currently seeking a Financial Advisor for our Sardis branch (Chilliwack, BC) who will proactively support our members’ financial wellness. If you are ready to engage in deep conversations to truly understand members’ goals, needs and money pain points and provide personalized solutions, consider applying for this opportunity today!
What you’ll do:
- Proactively provide financing and investment advice to members and recommend personalized solutions including mortgages, consumer loans, lines of credit, protection, credit cards, term deposits, registered plans and mutual funds
- Underwrite consumer loan applications and submit mortgage applications to our Centralized Mortgage Centre
- Meet with members to complete real estate secured lending (mortgage) applications
- Provide investment advice and recommendations for personalized solutions to members including monthly investment plans, term deposits, registered plans (RRSP, RRIF, RESP and TFSA) and mutual funds
- Hold advice-based investing conversations for mutual fund solutions based on members’ needs and refer members to other specialists where applicable
- Provide credit card solutions to members, seeks to understand card spend activity and recommends personalized card solutions that meet member needs
- Drive smart growth through proactively reviewing sales, activities and promotions that will achieve individual and organizational goals
What you’ll need:
- Resilient, adaptive and thrives in an environment of ongoing change and fast-paced teams
- Active within your community and eager to make a difference
- Superior communication and relationship building skills
- Well-developed knowledge of daily banking and investment products and services including consumer lending products
- Basic financial services business acumen
- To be flexible as Saturdays may be included in work days required
Your ideal qualifications:
- Two plus years in the financial services industry
- Two plus years of mortgage lending experience including lending to self-employed individuals
- Mutual fund sales experience
- Mutual fund licensed or intentions to be licensed within six months of employment
What we can offer you:
- An employer that values you and recognizes the power you have to create success for yourself while making a difference in the financial well-being of others.
- A financially-stable and growing team that believes in providing world class service in our local setting.
- An employee focused culture that provides extensive learning and career development opportunities.
- A competitive total rewards package including a pension plan.
What’s in it for you?
- Career Advancement! We are committed to our employee’s growth and development and we want to see you soar. There are a number of career pathing options this position leads to, let us be your spring board.
- Fun & Camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
- Show me the money! We also offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits program and a generous defined benefits pension plan.
- Community Focused: We care about giving back to the communities we live, work and play in. We provide a paid volunteer day and many community minded activities throughout the year.
- Grow your dream with us! Be part of exciting growth happening now at Prospera. Vision 2020 and our Vision, Purpose and Values guide our company and we want you to be part of it!
Please apply for our Financial Advisor opportunity online at www.prospera.ca/Careers