Project Accountant 1 - (157003)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Project Accountant 1, we'll count on you to:
- Enter project budget and funding based on information included in the contract documents and provided by Project Managers.
- Creation of accurate invoices in compliance with contract terms.
- Attend project review, kick-off and team meetings as necessary.
- Maintain and monitor contract compliance.
- Monitoring weekly and monthly project expenditures.
- Ensure timely release of subconsultant invoices for payment.
- Analyze & notify PM of outstanding A-R issues
- Perform research and provide necessary data for Project Manager, Area Manager and others regarding project financial status, which includes funding/budget, staffing requirements and accounts receivable.
- Manage funding and budget updates as a result of work/scope changes and contract amendments
- Request and assist PM in entering percent completes to monitor project progress.
- Confirm final billing is complete, re-budget project (if necessary) and prepare project(s) for closeout.
- Perform various specialized accounting functions of moderate complexity and ensure that procedures and practices are followed in accordance with company policy, accounting principles and contractual obligations.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Highly energetic, detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Employee Status: Regular
BusinessClass: Transmission/Distribution Eng
Job Posting: Jan 13, 2020