Department Accountant 1 - (156430)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Department Accountant 1, we'll count on you to:
- Be responsible for accounting functions for a single office
- Perform specialized accounting functions and establish internal controls for procedures and practices in accordance with company policies, accounting procedures and contractual obligations
- Work directly with Department Managers and Regional Controller to manage and coordinate department and project accounting systems to monitor department general ledger accounts, project budgets, invoicing, payables, receivables and other related financial information
- Audit compliance with contractual requirements, which may include invoicing and reporting format, net fee projections and financial quality control
- Review and analyze financial statements
- Coordinate and review annual departmental budgets
- Advise management on financial performance of departments and projects
- Supervise the activity of department accountants for the collection of employee time and expense reports and verification of project numbers, resource codes and receipts
- Supervise the activity of department accountants and project controllers specific to project accounting and contractual obligations
- Make staffing recommendations to management
- Select and/or deal directly with vendors related to department operations as needed
- Communicate and correspond directly with clients with respect to invoicing, receivables and project reporting as needed
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in a closely related field or combination of education and relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience; an advanced degree may offset years of experience
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication including grammar, punctuation, proofreading, spelling and telephone skills
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and collaborate with various managers in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle confidential information
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Employee Status: Regular
BusinessClass: Marketing and Admin
Job Posting: Nov 12, 2019