Responsible for hotel operations accounting primarily for a regional set of hotels and for certain line items across the full ESH portfolio of hotels. Prepare and update analysis of hotel operating costs, and present explanations to Finance and Operations management. Be an effective liaison between the Operations and Accounting Teams.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Preparation of journal entries, to include accruals, allocations and adjustments, to ensure proper accounting of monthly expenses in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare analytical analysis on specific sections of the P&L as assigned at each month end close.
- Analytical review of accounts during month.
- Analyze properties monthly as defined on the EBITDA criteria.
- Balance sheet account review and reconciliation
- Assist internal departments or field with obtaining financial information
- Various projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management and help in the evaluation of accounting for different types of daily transactions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with minimal supervision
- Strong prioritization and organization skills with the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Self-motivated individual
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Computer Sciences with emphasis in Business
- 2 + years of progressive accounting experience
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. There is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8 - 30 pounds).
- Must be proficient with English, in a written and oral manner.
- Strong computer skills - MS Office, General Ledger System, Report Writers
- Crystal Reports
- Spreadsheet Server Report
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled