The Senior Power Electronics Engineer contributes in conceptualizing, designing, and developing variable frequency motor drivers and grid inverters using Exro's ground-breaking technology stack.
Key Responsibilities Include
* Develop 10kW to 300kW (800V/600V/400V/100V/48V) electric powertrain systems from concept to final product.
* Design and select components for variable frequency motor drives and grid inverters while demonstrating world class experience designing with MOSFETS, IGBT, SiC, GaN HEMT devices.
* As a senior member of the Research and Development team you will be expected to research and evaluate new technology applications and feasibility.
* Help lead engineering team members on a continuous path of learning and solving hard problems.
* Design, model and simulate control and power circuits using simulation tools such as PSpice, LTSpice, Simulink, Matlab.
* Develop and execute design verification testing, design evaluation, design margins, FMEA and analysis of product performance to meet electrical specifications and regulatory compliance.
Credentials & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (Master's Degree is preferred) or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 5 years experience in designing high performance and high reliability power electronics; automotive experience is not required but highly preferred.
* Experience with international regulatory and product safety standards
* Proven ability to work well as part of a team and with minimal supervision
* Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel occasionally, including international travel
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment and effectively handle multiple tasks
* Perform design revisions and updates on new and existing products and work with contract manufacturers to ensure reliable and cost-effective production.
* Develop and approve product lifecycle documents such as project charter, plan, concept design, product specification, schematics, PCB and other manufacturing files, design verification and validation test reports.
Applications will only be considered from those eligible to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time