Express is seeking Public Relations Internship for its Summer 2020 session for Chicago, IL office where both Full Time and Part Time Job opportunity is available.
The Brand That Gets You To What's Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
With a fashion history of more than 30 years in the making, we offer our interns valuable insight into the retail industry and an opportunity to quickly grow as a young professional. Our paid internship program is designed around real work experience and provides developmental tools that you'll be able to apply toward your future success! So, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Are you into blogging, Snapchat, and Instagram? Can you effectively manage deadlines and high-volume workloads? Our Public Relations Intern will operate in the hub of our communication to help influence and promote our brand.
* Sample management
* Editorial outreach
* Event planning and execution
* Update and maintain national and regional media lists
* Research, conduct outreach and help maintain influencer database for micro and macro influencers
* Assist Digital PR Specialist in the execution of digital influencer marketing campaigns from the initial planning stages to final reporting
* Remain current with best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to PR, influencer marketing and social media
* General administrative assistance
* The individual must possess an understanding of basic media relations skills, an ability to interact professionally with press and influencers, and demonstrate good judgment
* Be articulate; have proper phone etiquette
* Familiarity with media relations software (Cision, Gorkana, Meltwater)
* Familiarity with influencer platforms a plus (Mavrck, Tap Influence, Fohr Card)
* Interest in PR and influencer marketing is a Must
* Prior relevant experience in the industry is preferred
Requirements are here:
* Must be available to work from June 1 - August 21, 2020 in our New York Design Studio
* Currently enrolled in college or university
* Rising Junior or Senior standing
* GPA: 3.0 and above
* Strong computer skills; must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Public relations, marketing, advertising major or other related program preferred
We Believe In Being The Best
We own our results - success or failures. No one sets the bar higher than we do for ourselves. We continuously challenge ourselves to meet our customers' ever-evolving needs. We celebrate and benefit from each other's ideas and differences. We combine our shared vision with best company practices and worldwide fashion trends to create a product that is uniquely Express.
You Could Be Our Future
Express is returning to its roots as a fashion authority. Our internship program is a unique opportunity for full-time college students to gain first-hand knowledge and experience in the retail industry through a full-time, paid internship. offer a broad spectrum of opportunities that will expand your practical experience and enhance your studies. We provide valuable insight into the world of retail and give you the developmental tools necessary for future success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.30 to $15.75 /hour