Being a Front-End UI ASP.NET Software Developer at Express Computers is an important role. Your ability to create, design, improve, test, and implement web-based interfaces is at the core of what makes you special. You are a force multiplier whose work passion for technology and development is critical and far-reaching in its impact. We are a company that cares, we are loyal to our clients, and we provide a level of service that sets us apart.
A Software Developer connects ideas and gives them life. You manage our existing codebase, create new code, develop high quality interfaces, and work with your team on our development strategy. It goes without saying that you know how to focus; it's at the core of who you are. People like you know how to put their head down and get the work done. Whether in a live collaboration with your team, or head down with headphones on and a chat window on your wing monitor, you can be relied on to deliver solutions on time. You are accountable and do what you say you will do.
UI Software Developers
- Develop, maintain, and improve various UI codebases. Have a passion for the .NET framework and everything you can do with it.
- Write good code. That's code that doesn't just work, it's also well documented and written cleanly.
- Know how to test, why it's important to test, and always make sure you actually do test any software you are accountable for before deployment.
- Write detailed documentation and are able to create easy to understand training material for users of their software.
- Present ideas for systems improvements, including cost benefits where appropriate.
- Work well with all stakeholders, including clients, teammates, managers, and anyone you support.
- Deliver on time, manage your freedom efficiently, and be accountable.
- Connect our company and our customers. We represent Express Computers with dignity, pride, courtesy, and respect.
- Partner with the entire team at Express Computers, from our technicians to our accounting team. Everyone cares about our customers and we are all here to help.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience with ASP.NET web applications, and are proficient in ASP.NET Web Forms technology.
- Are proficient in: VB.NET, Visual Studio 2017, HTML 5 / CSS3.
- Are familiar with: Web API and JSON.
- Have expert experience with UI frameworks such as jQuery, jQuery mobile, Bootstrap, AngularJS, SignalR, etc.
- Have experience with responsive design techniques for cross-platform and cross-browser support
- Are familiar with Object Oriented design patterns.
- Can work with SCRUM | AGILE design methodologies.
- Would be even more awesome if you could speak both English and French fluently.
- Enjoy free coffee, tea, filtered water, and a great lunchroom with a full kitchen. We don't discriminate, we love both foodies and microwavers.
- Relax on a comfy couch in front of a big TV. Yup, watch the game, play a game, watch a movie, play like you're in a movie. We like to have fun.
- Provide a high tech boardroom, personal meeting rooms, and your own laptop. We empower our people with the tools they need to succeed.
- Receive a great base salary and have flexible work arrangements.
- Can put a really cool EC decal kit on your car (Drive by and check them out!), and best of all: you get paid for it. Every month.
- All have extended health and dental, because every company should take care of their people.
- Love dogs. In fact, we have a few official and unofficial mascots around here. Come scratch behind some ears with us.
- Work in a great area, with all kinds of food nearby and easy access to major routes.
- Have free parking, a free Shirt, a free jacket, and even more perks.
Consider for a moment that your application is a chance to share your story with us. It's a chance to let us know where you've been, what you've accomplished, and where you'd like to go. Don't go light on the details, because we are excited to hear about the newest member of our team.
Job Type: Full-time
- VB.NET: 1 year (Required)
- ASP.NET: 3 years (Required)
- HTML5 / CSS3: 1 year (Preferred)
- jQuery, jQuery mobile, Bootstrap, AngularJS, SignalR: 2 years (Required)