The Brand that Gets You to What’s Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we’re always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Accountant I – IT/Capital is responsible for all accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger within the information technology department. The accountant also tracks company Capital projects and is responsible for monthly dissemination of all internal CAPEX reporting. Also responsible for various monthly forward-looking forecasts with respect to technology spend, capital project spend, and other ad hoc planning and analysis as necessary.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience, Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
- Experience: 1-2 years accounting experience preferably with a large corporation (volume in excess of $100M), experience in journal entry preparation and balance sheet reconciliations required.
Preferred Requirements (skills and abilities)
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Retail experience
- High attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven organizational skills- ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet tight deadlines
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.