The Brand that Gets You to What’s Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we’re always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for semi-complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant financial statements and managerial reports. Responsible for analyzing and processing vendor invoices, ensuring employee compliance with stated company policies and procedures, creating and analyzing journal entries along with multiple activities associated with month-end close, including balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis, as well as creation and analysis of various spending and corrective action reports.
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience
One to two years of AP or general accounting experience, preferably in a multi-unit retail company
- Experience in journal entry preparation, auditing and balance sheet reconciliation
Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Intermediate/Advanced PC Skills - Excel, Word and Access
Organize work and set priorities in a fast pace environment
- Ensure that all month-end accounting activities, including accruals, journal entries and account reconciliations are performed in a timely and accurate manner with a high level of attention to detail
- Process a large volume of vendor invoices utilizing multiple systems and processes
- Provide outstanding service to vendors and internal constituents as well as collaborating with others to solve problems and follow-up on all outstanding issues on a timely basis
Identify areas of opportunity/weakness and recommend solutions for achieving optimal efficiency in a controlled environment
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.