Exposure is a creative communications agency connecting the dots between brands, culture, and consumers. We produce work that links strategic creativity, engaging content and multi-channel communications. With offices in New York, London, Paris and Tokyo we are a global network building brands with cultural resonance.
We are looking for a talented Senior Account Executive to join our growing PR team.
The role will sit on the Fashion & Lifestyle team and be responsible for day to day media relations for some of the agencies pillar clients including Dr. Martens and Herschel Supply.
The ideal candidate will have 3-4 years of PR experience, strong media contacts, and an eye for detail and organization along withdemonstrating cultural connectivity and curiosity. You’ll be obsessed with music, fashion, art, politics, travel and/or the many, many other cultural pillars that make New York City such an exciting and inspiring place to be – and you’ll bring that energy and cultural knowledge to bear for our clients.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Being part of some incredibly inspiring work, on behalf of some of the world’s most exciting brands in fashion, lifestyle, technology and more
- Located in Tribeca, central area and easy commute
- Competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits package and fantastic vacation policy
- Perks include monthly team outings and lunches, networking expense budget, Summer Fridays and company-wide vacations overseas (last year we all flew to the UK to celebrate our 25th Anniversary!)
- Encouraging work/life balance
- Open and collaborative office setting
Reporting to: Account Manager/SAM
Manages: Account Coordinator/AE/Interns
To work and assist the account teams to effectively implement PR and communications plans on behalf of clients
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage team workflow and take ownership of account work while driving consistent media results; report status of accounts to Senior Account Manager/Account Manager.
- Write and edit media materials - press kits, press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, bios, case studies and backgrounders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential members of the media in order to ensure placements.
- Develop strategic communication plans, including media opportunities, tactics, and timelines consistent with the overall PR strategy.
- Assist in development and execution of PR strategies and collaboratively develop strategic media plans.
- Create and develop pro-active pitch ideas for clients based on their industry, current trends and various announcements.
- Handle project management including budgets.
- Daily client interaction to update, report on and discuss media relations.
- Assist in the research, writing and development of new business proposals and presentations.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior-level staff; Manage daily coordinator and intern responsibilities.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients.
- Stay up to speed on current industry news, trends and technology
- Miscellaneou research, duties and projects as required.
At least 3-4 years of Public Relations or Related Field
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Creative and energetic personality
- Effective organizational skills
- Proven relationships within the media community
- Enthusiastic and hard-working
- Passion for Art, Music, Fashion and Marketing