Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 1000 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 800 consultants, including more than 500 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer in our Menlo Park, CA office.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Performing electrical engineering analyses and consulting in the fields of electronics, power electronics, and electrical failure analysis
- Preparing technical proposals and pursuing business development opportunities
- Critically assessing test results, methods of analysis and testing protocols, maintaining a systematic approach to data collection and storage, and writing reports
- Working on multiple concurrent projects as an individual contributor as well as in multidisciplinary teams
Qualifications for this position include:
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering preferred; Ph.D. in closely related fields considered
- Technical background in electronics, power electronics, power systems or circuit design preferred
- Strong electrical lab skills, including working familiarity with electrical test equipment, test setup and design, and data analysis
- Ability to convey technical conclusions to both technical and non-technical staff in engineering, business, and industry
- Ability to support multiple group projects and market the Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice and its consulting services
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer.