Explorica Canada Inc. provides student tours all over the world, with the mission to expand intercultural understanding through educational travel. We believe in working hard and playing hard, offering a fun, collaborative work environment with an exciting product and even more exciting benefits. Since 2000, we've helped more than 1 million students and their teachers experience new cultures, languages and people in over 75 countries. And since joining with WorldStrides in 2016, we now offer even more best-in-class services for our travelers and expanded benefits for our employees.
The Inside Sales position for Explorica Canada Inc. is responsible for the selling of International tours for students, achieving or exceeding sales goals by prospecting new business while leveraging incentives and promotions. Each Executive must maintain competitive sales numbers and will be responsible for finding prospective clients both within the existing database and through additional activities. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
- Solicit new clients and accounts to meet and exceed goals by making cold calls, direct sales calls and following up and converting potential sales leads. Maintains relationships with existing clients and accounts through the competition of the sale and efficiently responds to all inquiries made by potential customers via phone or email.
- Establishes and maintains regular contact with clients and accounts in order to introduce and promote a destination or tour in accordance with company goals, marketing initiatives and sales expectations. Calls on prospects to solicit business to create a strong pipeline of future business leads.
- Responsible for spending sufficient call time to ensure a robust sales funnel of leads and prospects to achieve or exceed established sales goals. Depending on experience level, maintains a communicated and expected number of sales calls per day, and expected ATC/DEP and sign ups/pax per sales season. Through self-motivation and determination ensures that established sales goals are met or exceeded.
- Meets and reports to the Team Lead, as well as the Director of Sales.
- Utilizes department technology to consistently maintain a detailed, organized and thorough database of a predetermined number of teachers, including cold, warm and active leads.
- Manages and takes responsibility for the entire sales process. Works with teachers to set enrollment deadlines for students, and helps develop marketing strategies for the teachers to utilize while enrolling students. Once the sale is complete, the account is handed off to a peer for the remainder of the planning process.
- Actively seeks continuous skill development and improvement to build performance. Educates self on all related tours and Explorica products. Comprehends the student travel industry with interest to learn more regarding our competition as it compares to Explorica business models
- Represents Explorica at trade association meetings and other related business events to promote all products and services. Coordinates with department Director with the initiation of new marketing ideas and product development ideas
- A bachelor degree preferred
- 2-3 years progressive sales experience focusing on new business acquisition, preferably in the student travel/travel industry
- Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to work with all levels of employees and customers in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to learn new software products a must
- Ability to multi-task projects and responsibilities and strong prioritization skills
- Ability to build strong relationships externally and internally
- Strong Presentation Skills on the phone and in front of prospects
- Negotiation/Influencing Skills
- Listening Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to Handle Stress
- Sound Judgment
Job Types: Full-time, Commission