Customer Support Specialist (work from home)
The Explorer Software Group is the leading provider of enterprise software solutions for the construction industry, offering a broad range of solutions for small, mid-sized and large enterprises worldwide. Explorer's construction-specific solutions offer rich functionality, a full application suite and best-in-class customization capabilities.
You are flexible, very self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced team environment. It is critical that you have a minimum of 2 years accounting and business experience. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
The primary role of the Customer Support Specialist is to:
- Represent the Company in facilitating timely resolution of product defects
- Expedite or lead defect related recovery efforts
- Provide response to questions and clarification about the customary use of Explorer Product Offerings - Eclipse and Contract Manager
- Take the lead to address and resolve other Customer requests for service (i.e. product sales, training, or custom programming).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to customer Work Order assignments.
- Perform discovery actives for reported product errors or unexpected results.
- Document discovery findings and resolve or dispatch accordingly.
- Work with technicians (programmers) to resolve product defects.
- Recommend technical improvements and identify to new operating practices.
- Perform recovery activities needed to restore data integrity.
- Data Integrity Assessments - Evaluate compromised systems and determine the appropriate recovery action/s.
- Recovery Activities
- Define balancing journal entries, to include: complex sub-ledger and/or single-sided correcting journal entries.
- Database revisions subject to standard recovery protocols
- Secure technical assistance when necessary.
- Answer product related questions.
- Communicate findings and status internally and to the customer.
- Perform Account Management for assigned accounts as required. Responsibilities include issue management (tracking, prioritization and escalation) and communication.
- Receive requests for services:
- Create Work Orders
- Conduct initial discovery activities
- Categorize and record status
- Resolve and close Work Orders
- Develop and Maintain Product Knowledge - Stay abreast of new features and continue to learn additional modules. Identify and recommend new operating practices.
- Assorted activities as assigned to include but not limited to: Training, Quality Assurance, and Product Research.
- Good understanding and experience with basic accounting and financial reporting.
- General Accounting Principles
- Balance Sheet and Operating Statement Principals
- General Ledger and Sub-Ledger Associations
- Good understanding and experience with core business processes
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- General Ledger/Sub-ledger Administration (reconciliation)
- Medium to advanced skills and experience with Excel and Word.
- Strong discovery/Analytical skills
- Strong Communications skills with:
- Recent experience with Eclipse or Contract Manager
- Job cost
- Equipment cost
- Payroll/Human Resources
- Commitment control (Purchasing/Subcontracts)
- Materials (Scaled operations (pits/plants)), and inventory
- Good understanding of Cost Accounting conventions and techniques
- Experience with SQL and SQL Management Studio
- Ability to periodically work flexible hours as needed (i.e. customer crisis resolution/scheduled after-hours assignments)
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting and Business: 2 years (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)