The Exploratorium is looking for a creative and analytical digital storyteller passionate about Multi-channel audience engagement. The Digital Marketing Coordinator produces and distributes compelling content to support the Exploratorium's digital communications strategies. We are looking for a creative, critical thinker fluent in major social media platforms with a deep understanding of editorial voice, audience development, analytics, and paid campaigns. If you are passionate about producing multimedia content, have a strong affinity for the Exploratorium and its mission, work well on a team and stay organized in a fast paced environment, this position is for you. The ideal candidate for Digital Content Coordinator will be a versatile self-starter ready to engage Exploratorium audiences, develop social media channels, produce multimedia content, be the voice of the Exploratorium's digital presence, and support Marketing and Communications administratively. This position reports to the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Ideate, produce, and distribute marketing content, copy and video for social media channels that support audience growth
- Develop social media plans and editorial calendars for all social media platforms
- Identify and manage the Exploratorium's social media influencer community and coordinate their contributions to channels, and curate user generated content
- Actively source new and relevant content by building active relationships with internal staff contributors and external content partners to increase fanbase, awareness about the museum and increase traffic to our networks
- Discover and implement social media best practices by sharing latest trends with internal stakeholders and building actionable strategies
- Ensure all social media initiatives and activities make a measurable impact by tracking, analyzing, and report on performance of social content and campaigns by using social media analytics
- Provide ongoing support to the Digital Marketing Manager to help execute digital campaigns, including digital advertising and email marketing
- Work as a part of the marketing team on key directives such as seasonal marketing campaigns and institutional priorities, including live social media coverage at institutional events when needed
- Performs other duties as assigned, including supporting the marketing team
- B.A. required, preferably in marketing or marketing communications. Minimum 3-4 years' experience in social media and content management.
- Candidates must demonstrate ability using Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, LinkedIn, SnapChat, YouTube, Facebook Live, Instagram Story, and Instagram Live.
- An innate storyteller with strong writing skills, including ability to incorporate brand guidelines, adhere to best practices, and follow industry trends.
- Video editing (phone apps, imovie, Final Cut) experience preferred.
- Fluid competency in Google business apps, G Suite, and proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator
- Basic knowledge of multichannel digital marketing tactics is a must; working knowledge of user experience and basic html is a plus.
- Experience using social analytics systems, preferably Union Metrics.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to take initiative, multitask and prioritize multiple projects.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an eye for consistency.
- Resourceful with the ability to work independently and in a cross functional team.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, as required by Exploratorium events.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY
This is a regular, full time (37.5 hrs/wk), non-exempt union position and includes benefits. To apply, please visit the Exploratorium job page.
The Exploratorium is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, religious expression, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran's status or any other class protected by applicable law.
The Exploratorium will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.