ExperTech is a leading staffing and recruiting company, based in Montreal, QC and operating throughout Canada and the US. ExperTech recruits and delivers high-quality candidates for both permanent and contract/temporary assignments. We work with local and international companies across a wide array of industries.
We are currently looking for an Application Developer – Big Data Systems to join a large financial client in downtown Montreal. This is a contractual based position of 6 months with attractive compensation and high possibility of renewal.
TO APPLY, please send your resume to Linda Polito at: email@example.com
- Work on big data platform to support existing projects
- SQL coding or help to rewrite existing SQL/Package for performance tuning
- Work as ad hoc projects such as vendor tool installation or support depending the needs
- Work on other ad hoc application developments depending on the priority and needs
- Help to provide support to vendor products but internally enhanced tools such as APEX and FIRM as an admin
- Help to manage access login accounts of the above vendor products
- Help to work on Informatica version upgrade
- Help to complete SSO set up
- Support teams’ high priority projects such as data control
- Interact and work with multiple IT and business teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, financial industry experiences preferred
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Experience in Informatica ETL and/or Ab initio;
- Proficient in SQL development,
- Good knowledge on shell scripts or Perl coding
- Knowledge in Python language and coding is a plus;
- Knowledge with database base, in particular Oracle 11g and above
- Big data skill set ( Apache Drill, Sparks, Hadoop etc );
- SSO and SSL technology knowledge;
- Ability to use strong industry knowledge to relate to customer needs and dissolve customer concerns and high level of focus and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with good time management with ability to work with diverse teams and lead meetings.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required.
- Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the team.
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and technical advancements.
- Ability to articulate and present different points-of-views on various technologies.
- Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative
- Knowledge of integration points and the order in which they must be executed.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing best practices and star-schema design.
ExperTech would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the opportunity, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.