Independently the Business Development Manager is responsible for the establishing, implementing, monitoring, and reporting on a sales and marketing strategy to achieve revenue goals for the company. The incumbent is responsible for the management and execution of the full sales life cycle from prospect identification through contract execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Achieving sales and utilization quota results in the assigned territory. Responsible for qualifying, segmenting, educating and managing growing accounts
- Identifying growth opportunities to include: expanding reach with customer base, expanding product portfolio utilization with existing accounts, and launching new products and new product indications.
- Increasing customers' knowledge and awareness of products, services, and programs to enhance utilization of contract services
- Development of marketing strategies including but not limited to website and social media development, and company branding
- Pre-planning sales calls and maintaining efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer and prospect contact and highest level of customer service in the field
- Completing administrative responsibilities including periodic business plans, monthly expense reports, up-to-date account profiles and customer database.
- Manage day-to-day sales administration activities in a detailed and timely manner i.e. Customer Relationship Management system updates and data entry
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Maintaining updated knowledge of the industry and competitive products
- Developing and maintaining supportive, productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization
- Participating in industry-related trade shows/meetings
- Maintain consistent communication with appropriate leadership and sales teams
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent the Company with high integrity, ethics, honesty, loyalty, and professionalism at all times.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all federal and state regulations and guidelines including FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- making suggestions for improvement
- learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- Is available for other duties as required.
- Is available for overtime as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree required plus five (5) years of successful business development and sales experience in the contract pharmaceutical manufacturing industry. Must have five (5) years of demonstrated industry business to business sales experience. Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and proof of auto insurance.
- Read and interpret documents such as contracts, invoices, marketing plans, social media campaigns, website analytics, proposals, requests for information, and standard operating procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports, business correspondence, marketing plans, marketing proposals, social media design, and other branded materials.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Identify complex problems by reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of contract pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Familiar with sales and business development in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Familiar with the entire sales life cycle for contract services.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Computer skills:
- Enter data into computer using software applications for data entry and word processing.
- Work and be proficient with e-mail systems
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to production.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel will be required 50-75% of the time, domestic and international.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $150,000.00 to $175,000.00 /year
- Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Sales: 5 years (Required)
- Contract Pharmaceutical Packaging Sales: 5 years (Required)
- B2B Sales: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance