Experian is a leading global information services company that helps organizations manage credit risk, prevent fraud, improve data security and automate decision making. With operations all over the world, Experian’s 17,000 associates support clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
We are looking for a consistently successful STRATEGIC ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE. The Strategic Account Executive will own the sales and account management responsibility for one of the largest Experian strategic clients in the financial services, payment and/or technology industries. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining close relationships with C-level and senior executive contacts, analyzing and understanding their industry, markets, customers and business operations, and for making sales presentations and proposals to leverage Experian solutions in a way that improves client revenues, return on operations, reduces risk, and/or lowers expenses. You will be held accountable for growing and maintaining a large, strategically important revenue stream.
The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for:
The overall leadership and growth of Experian’s strategic client relationships, including ownership of and accountability for all revenue in Experian’s Consumer Information Services and Decision Analytics businesses.
Identifying new strategic sales opportunities by working directly with C-level and VP-level client executives to understand their financial objectives and the strategic initiatives designed to deliver these objectives.
Proposing, advancing and closing new agreements for solutions that grow client revenue, reduce operational costs, and/or mitigate overall risk for the client.
Renewing and growing existing business by collaborating with the client to identify and implement improvements to solution fit, delivery, and overall impact to the business.
Managing all inputs to the Experian revenue forecasting and pipeline management process by accurately updating revenue opportunities in a timely fashion according to company policy and practice.
Collaborating with Experian sales, product, and executive leadership to improve Experian products and services and how Experian clients use them
Partnering with the Experian client-facing sales team, including Relationship Manager and Vice President of Sales, to improve sales and revenue performance.
Being accountable for high levels of sales call activity, pipeline development and management, and overall monthly, quarterly and annual revenue performance.
- Minimum 3 years successful sales experience with a proven track record of overachievement selling complex solutions and non-tangible business value in competitive environment.
- Background in Financial Services, Technology or related field sales.
- Demonstrated ability to sell at the executive level.
- Ability to effectively position complex ideas and concepts through verbal and written communication.
- Solid business acumen, with a strong understanding of corporate financial priorities and the initiatives designed to deliver revenue and profit expectations.
- Good customer service skills and ability to adapt to different personalities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and provide leadership when called upon.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good organization and project management skills.
- Ability to research client organizations and requirements in order to continually expand relationships.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer/PC skills including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA strongly preferred
- 25%-40% overnight travel required.
Working for a leading FTSE 50 global information services company is just one of the rewards of joining Experian. Our benefits package is designed to reward contribution and loyalty and to attract the kind of talented individuals who have their pick of employers. We offer a highly competitive package comprising:
- Competitive base salary
- Aggressive bonus plan
- Company Car
- Core benefits including: full medical, dental, vision, matching 401K and the opportunity to work with a global leader.
EOE Including Disability/Veterans