As a Sr. software Engineer you are involved in all aspects of software development, including technical designs, implementation, functional analysis, and release for mid-
to-large sized projects.
What you will do :
- Leads the end-to-end product life cycle for mid to large size projects: Design, development, testing, deployment, and providing operational excellence and support
- You find and advocate for Industry standards and best practices in development methodologies, techniques, and technologies
- You contribute to advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices and mentor junior team members to adapt best practices
- Innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems and prototype creative solutions to enable product MVP's
- Independently understand scheduling, cost constraints, and impact to other teams; and make resource and architectural trade-offs
based on those factors
- Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks, before they occur, and present technical issues and their impact to leadership
- Lead, coordinate, and collaborate on multiple concurrent and complex cross-organizational initiatives
- Effectively build and maintain a network of key contacts across company, and leverage these contacts to achieve results
- Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross functional teams
- Drive for continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team
Who you are :
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in most areas of the professional function, and in-depth specialization in some
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
- 7 -10 + years of experience in the field of Software Engineering
Expertise in writing transactional web services using REST or distributed RPC technologies.
Expert level in JVM technologies, with experience with Scala or functional programming in an equivalent language a strong plus.
Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker, Gradle, Grunt
AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, MongDB,Cassandra, SQL
Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Spark,other big data technologies
Why join us ?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.