GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The position of Programmer is responsible for NC Program design; turning research/customer requirements into technical programs with the use of NC programming software and proprietary design methods specific to Aerospace application.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creation of setup sheets, tool lists, and inspections plans for the programmed parts
- Completely and independently program Computerized Numerical Control 3, 4 & 5 axis mills, and 3 axis lathes.
- Manufacturing software required to write CNC programs for lathes, mills or other CNC equipment.
- Studies blueprint and specifications to determine exact programming needs for CNC machines.
- Writes programs using Catia V5 software.
- Tests programs to ensure machining operation(s) comply with print and specifications.
- Ensures that proper CNC program details are set up for the operator to run the assigned work order
- Trains other CNC programmers in complex programming
- Generates NC programs for large complex aircraft parts and aerospace tooling
- Select tools, cutting speed, and feed rates for a multitude of 3 to 5 axis milling machines
- The Programmer position will report to the Programming Supervisor.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 10-plus years’ experience in an Aerospace/ Manufacturing or related industry
- Read and comprehend programming instructions, technical manuals, procedure manuals, short correspondence, and memo
- Calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference, and volume
- Apply concepts of basic algebra, trigonometry and geometry
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in unique situations.
- Must know Vericut and ICAM (post processing)
- Professional knowledge of machining of machining aluminum/ titanium/ steel/ stainless
- Knowledge of high speed machining and deep cutting of hard metals
- Knowledge of defining cutting tools, machine strategy, and cutting parameters etc.
- Education: Two years Technical or Trade School with appropriate certification preferred.
- Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PERSONAL PROTECTION REQUIREMENTS, (PPE):
- Safety glasses required when in manufacturing environment.
- Hearing protection as needed.