Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Enterprise Applications Software Engineer I
Will be a member of the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) supporting a suite of complex web and mobile applications. Will support and develop software for a wide array of institutional tools and applications including the Laboratory’s project formulation platform, collaboration tools,various internal and external facing apps and web-based, cloud-based engineering sites. Will join and contribute to a technical team using agile development methodologies in order to write, test, and deploy software applications, and provide supporting documentation and/or procedures for development and operations. Will utilize extensive knowledge of scalable and modular systems to develop system architectures and help steer technical planning and decision making.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Three years experience developing highly performant web applications on distributed system environments
- Extensive knowledge building and architecting scalable enterprise applications and data aggregation systems
- Extensive knowledge of web application development frameworks such as Python-Django
- Extensive knowledge of web front end frameworks such as React or Angular
- Extensive knowledge in utilizing Restful web services frameworks
- Experience with Git/GitHub use and integration
- Working knowledge of Software and Systems Engineering practices and artifacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- People leadership experience is a plus
- Experience with Amazon cloud and related products: Amazon Web Services, GovCloud, EC2, S3, SQS, RDS, Route 53, ELB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with JIRA, ZenHub, or similar issue-tracking systems
- Demonstrable work experience developing in Python Django framework
- Demonstrable technical writing and presentation skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of software development project
- Strong knowledge of the principles of test-driven development and continuous integration
- Mobile development experience for iOS and Android
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment in multiple roles
- AWS configuration/deployment and management experience
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- A good understanding of NoSQL solutions is a plus (ex. MongoDB, Neo4j, ArangoDB, etc.)